Sunday 6 April 2014

Pancake in the oven

Swedes are crazy for pancakes and I think that every swede makes pancakes at least on day every week and we don't eat them like americans - we eat them as dinner.
It is supposed to be a dessert after a nice soup, made of yellew peas with salted pork and mustard on thursdays! :)
Well, I can confess that I eat that soup sometimes even if it is not really low carb high fat-food.
But those pancakes is more difficult. There is a lot of recepies for them, some are good and some are less good.
 Sometimes I cook the "regular" lowcarb pancakes but this friday I was not feeling so good, had a headache and a bit of mild nausea so I googled "ugnspannka" and I did NOT wanted to have pork -pancake which seems to be the most common in Sweden. I never liked that.

After some searching, I found the following recipe from HannaKJonssons blog.
Four eggs
Three cups heavy cream
Two tablespoons Fiberhusk - Physsilum seed-flour
80 grams grated cheese
salt

Beat eggs and cream, mix in the shredded cheese and then Physsilium seedflour. Let it rest and swell for half an hour.
Pour into a buttered dish, not a roasting pan! (about 20 x 25 cm)
Put into the oven for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celisus.
I let it stand inside until it got nice color.



To this eminent batter pudding I served a "mix" of cherry-sauce.
1-2 cup frozen cherries or fresch if you have it! 
0.5 cups whipping cream 
1 cup full fat yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla powder (organic)
some sweetening - choose the one who NOT raise your blood sugar as Stevia

I boiled the cherries with sweetener. Let them cool and put in the vanilla powder.
Mix the cherries gently and then  mix in  the cream and yoghurt. 

Dangerously good! One can choose any berries you want or just vanilla powder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment